Sunday, October 15, 2006

Different than what I thought, already

I really thought my 2nd post would be the story I shared with the woman who encouraged me about God's Red Lights. I guess now that will be my 3rd post. Why? Well in-between posting my introduction post and starting to write this one, I updated my profile and then browsed around blogspot a bit. One of the bloggers wrote that her interest is singing solos in church.

Talk about me having a dream! Singing a solo in church would definitely be a dream of mine. Singing a solo is something I look forward to doing ... in Heaven. There is a song the congregation used to sing at my maternal grand-parents church that went "Free from every imperfection, youthful and happy I shall be, I'll have a new body, Praise the Lord, I'll have a new life." For me those 'imperfections' include not being able to carry a tune in a bucket. :-) I learned at a young age that it is just fine to "make a joyful NOISE unto the Lord". So when I get my new body when I'm with my Lord, it should come fully equipped with a perfected signing voice.

Now the odd thing is that I have a real knack for remembering words to song. This is a skill a professional singer would need, right? I have yet to figure out why I have the talent to remember the words but not the talent to sing them. What I do know is that many, many, many times God has brought those words to mind to give me peace in certain situations and He has brought the words to mind for me to share with others. So I guess I 'do' know why I have the talent to remember the words. It is so that God can bless my life and others through those words.

What skills or talents do you have today that God can use to do His work here on earth? Are you letting Him?

What skills or talents do you lack that you wish you had? Are you focusing on what you don't have or on what you do have?

1 Peter 4:10-11 (The Message) Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God's words; if help, let it be God's hearty help. That way, God's bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he'll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything -- encores to the end of time. Oh, yes!

No comments: