Sunday, October 15, 2006

I can't sing but God can inspire songs

Three years ago this month, I was walking down the hall at work. I was in my own little world. Singing praise songs in my mind, but not out loud of course. (See my post "Different than what I thought, already" if you need that explained.) I was so caught up in my internal worship that I felt like doing handsprings down the hall. Not a pretty sight for any woman over 40. Especially for an uncoordinated, over-weight woman over 40. So I thought to myself "Someday I'll do handsprings in heaven." I thought back to the only time I every tried out for cheer leading. It was in that try out that I did the only perfect cartwheel in my life. Those two thoughts led to God inspiring me to write the following song. I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm sure someone out there can relate to this girls life:

(verse 1)
There was a little girl who, in her mind, was
talented and strong, winning all the time.
Her friends didn't see it, It just didn't stick,
At recess time she'd be the last ... they'd ... pick.

(chorus 1)
She could see herself doing
Handspings before them.
Perfect cartwheels all the time.
She never let them know how she felt
about being the last in line.

(verse 2)
She grew up in the Lord
and became a wife and mom.
Facing the usual struggles
She taught her children about the love of the Lord
...and they'd... snuggle

(chorus 2)
She could see them doing
Handsprings before her.
Perfect cartwheels all the time.
She encourage them to do their best
and not to worry
IF they were the last in line.

(verse 3)
Her body wore with age and
movement became tough.
She was always weak
Yet she kept her spirit strong
looking forward to being
with the One we all seek.

(chorus 3)
She'll be doing Handsprings before Him
Perfect cartwheels all the time
She'll be dancing and flipping before her Lord
until she's the last in the line.


Do you know someone who needs to be reminded of this hope today? Will you share your Hope with them?

John 14:3 (NIV) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and
take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

No comments: