Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's About Timing

I started this blog with BIG expectations and BIG dreams.

I thought "WOW! If God put one of His precious servants in my path to encourage me to action then this must be the time He is ready to do something powerful through my life." I thought I'd start writing and the comments would come flooding in. (Yes I'm still a bit naive even at my age.)

So I wrote! And I sent an email to the same precious servant and I was sure SHE would comment or write me or something. Then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Over a week I waited. I was tempted to think "Hmmm... maybe this stuff isn't any good after all" but nah, I had received a few emails from friends that are reading my blog and I new that it was at least "OK" So I persevered. After all we were only talking a week and I know this lady is busy with the ministry God has placed her in charge of.

Then this week I got an email from her...You know why she didn't email earlier? She was hoping to see me back at her church this past Sunday. Hoping that she could tell me in person that she was excited that God was moving me forward in this way. Hmmm... In my timing she would have written me right back. In God's timing He knew the encouragement would mean even more after a week of writing than after just one day.

Then today I saw another friend online that I had sent an email about the blog to. Rose is the type that would have emailed after reading the blog if she had read it. So I sent her an IM and asked her if she had seen the blog yet and included the URL in the IM. She had not seen the blog so she went online to check it out. Of course the link took her to the post for yesterday...the one that talks about cancer.

Moments later she IM'd back...she is having surgery this Friday for a precancerous condition. WOW! In my timing she would have read my first posts and came back each day when/if she had time. In God's timing, He knew what I would write yesterday and He knew that it would be an encouragement to her. (In reality, she encouraged ME!)

What are you waiting on today? Are you expecting something from someone that "hasn't delivered"? Do you feel that something should have happened already but it hasn't? Are you willing to trust that God's timing is perfect? Are you willing to wait for Him?


Isaiah 40:31 (King James Version): But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Footnotes:
1) Isaiah 40:31 is the verse my husband and I call "our verse".
2) I've been caught. I cheat. But I really think this is OK. I don't have all of these verses that I use
memorized in all these versions. I use gospelcom.net to find the exact verse in the exact version that I feel God wants me to share with you. I encourage you to try it out. The topical index search is great! Actually the Bible search part is http://www.biblegateway.com/topical/ but I get to it through gospelcom.net. I trust you will still let our Loving Lord speak to you through the blog :-)
3) I'd love to hear how God touched your life through this blog. Please leave a comment. Your comments may in turn touch someone elses life. (Comments may take up to a day to appear.)

No comments: