Sunday, October 15, 2006

On to the Little Lessons

Over the years, God has taught me many little lessons as I go through normal every day events. I hope to share some of those lessons with you through this blog. I will post some as they come to me (those are the ones I have not yet experienced) as well as share some of the ones that have learned in the past. This is one from the past:


I was going to the doctor’s office one day. It was possible I was going to make it on time but I was cutting it rather close. I was cruising along and hitting all the lights green. I was even singing along to the KCBI (a local Christian station) on the radio. And all of the sudden the light turned red. And it slowed me down and now I would probably be late. So I stopped. Looked to see what was going on around me while I waited for the light to turn green. Then I looked up at the street sign by the red light. This was the street that I was supposed to turn on to get to my Dr’s office. Wow! The ‘inconvenience’ of the red light saved me time and allowed me to get to my appointment on time.

That’s the ‘story’ … Do you see the practical application or "Little Lesson" that God taught me that day? Many times we are cruising along in life going the direction we think we need to be going but we miss the signs we need to see…Then God stops us in our tracks…redirects us … slows us down… and after we experience that ‘distraction’ we realize that had we continued on our own path, we would have missed what God had in store for us or we would have taken much longer to reach the blessing He wanted to give us.

What road signs are you missing as you journey this road? What red light is God putting in your path? Will you stop and look around and see what He has in store for you today?


Matthew 28:9-10 (The Message) Then Jesus met them, stopping them in their tracks. "Good morning!" he said. They fell to their knees, embraced his feet, and worshiped him. Jesus said, "You're holding on to me for dear life! Don't be frightened like that. Go tell my brothers that they are to go to Galilee, and that I'll meet them there.

No comments: