Sunday, October 15, 2006

Starting the Journey

For years I have said I have books inside me that need to get out. I have said that when I retire, I'm going to write a book called "How I used technology to weasel my way out of work". Why? Because I have been fortunate enough through the years to be able to find shortcuts that make my work life easier. I basically hate doing redundant tasks.

To those that know me best, YES, that includes housework. (sigh)

So, as I have learned more and more about PCs, I have let them do the redundant menial tasks for me. And what exactly does this have to do with why I'm starting my blogging journey, here, right now, today? Well, writing, really writing, like on paper, well, that is w-o-r-k...and it to get it just right you sometimes have to write the same thing over and over making tweaks as you go along. Enter technology and viola! Now I can just change what needs to be changed. No scratching out and making notes in the margin. No copying from a marked up sheet to a clean, correct copy. And NO I have not been living in a cave, I do realize that this 'new' technology has been around for a couple of decades now. So I might as well admit another weakness of mine...procrastination. Remember the old adage "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?" That's me!!!! Maybe it's because my best inspirations come either when I'm driving or when I'm falling asleep at night. (Lest you think any less of me, I DO KNOW the adage above is transposed!)

Ok. Ok. My Dad always said that if you ask me what time it is, I'd tell you how to build a clock before I got to the point. I guess I'm doing that here. LOL!

Why am I finally starting to write? Why now? I asked that already, didn't I? Well the answer is this: My Loving Lord put one of His precious servants in my path this morning and had her issue me a direct challenge which boils down to "Do what God wants you to do and start now!" She reminded me that we must use the gifts God gives us and she challenged me to, are you ready for this, use the internet! ... Can you say technology???

Now this precious woman did not know me and I did not know her. We met by God's hand because I visited the church she attends and she was working a welcome center. She did not know me and did not know how much I embrace technology AND I did not know her nor anything about her. We exchanged email addresses because I asked her to keep me in prayer as I start this journey and she gave me hers because she wants to see the first devotional that I write.

Do you want to know how cool our Loving Lord is? When I got home I checked out the part after the @ in her email address. This precious woman is the "founder and Chairman of the Board" of a ministry that "exists to encourage and equip individuals in the establishment and development of an ongoing, deeply personal relationship with God that is increasingly intense, intimate, and interactive." A divine appointment if you ask me.

So I've started this blogspot to fulfill the desire that God has placed in my heart to write. My prayer is that it will bless you and encourage you. Remember that God is in the details of our lives and He is probably providing you Little Lessons as you travel along. I encourage you to look for them.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Sharon

No comments: