Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Use it or loose it?

For so long I've had these stories I wanted to write and for so long I put it off. It seemed like everyday, I saw a new 'little lesson' in the everyday things of life. So now I'm doing something about it.

And now I'm coming up dry.

Writer's block? I don't think so. I know the lessons are still right in front of me. However it's like my eyes have blinders on them.

In each of those situations in days gone by I clearly saw the lesson that God what teaching. So this morning, I asked God "What is the lesson in me NOT seeing the little lessons?"

My mind was flooded with answers "Be still and know that I am God", "What took you so long to do what I commanded you to do?", "Did you bury that talent I gave you to use and now you want to unbury it?"...

And then my mind settled down to this: Encourage others to do what they know to do...NOW!!! And trust Me to give you the words to write when you need them, just in time.

So, my friend, what does God have for you to do today?
Call a sick friend?
Check your email and reply to someone who wrote you?
Bake a cake for a neighbor?
Give money to a family in need?
Pray for your family, friends, co-workers?

Philippians 3:15 (The Message) So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

No comments: