Monday, November 13, 2006

Confirmation

I'm going to go down a slightly different path today.

I want to share with you some of the ways our Loving Lord is confirming what is being written here. I feel it is my honor and privilege to partake in a ministry such as this.

If you have been reading here since the beginning, you know that the desire to write has been in me for a long time. One of the reasons I didn't write before was fear. Fear that the writing would not be good enough. Fear that people would not 'get' the way I write. Fear that things that make sense to me would not make sense to others.

So when dear Teena challenged me to step out in faith on this journey, fear had to take a back seat. Our Loving Lord has confirmed to me that this blog is ministering to others in many ways such as:

  • An friend became a new reader when she was sent the link to the blog. That days blog was on cancer. This friend told me immediately after reading the blog that she too is living with it. The timing was not coincidence. It was confirmation.
  • An old friend let me know that the verse of the day was right on time for another decision she is facing. The whole point of this blog is to find the lessons we need in the everyday events of our lives. This old friend was doing the every day thing of reading the blog when she discovered direction for her decision. Confirmation we are on the right track.
  • I wrote the blog last Friday (A Fall) and spoke of walking in the dark unless we read the word of God and referenced Psalm 119:105. Sunday we visited the church my hubby grew up in and the preacher preached the same point using the same verse. Confirmation of the parallels to scripture.
  • One friend is encouraging me to submit to an article to a Christian publication. This confirms to me that someone does want to read this blog :-) :-) :-)

So the questions I have for you today are these... Will you commit to pray for this ministry? Will you pray that all of the honor will always go to our Loving Lord? Will you pray for me as I prepare to prepare the paperwork to see if there is interest on behalf of the publication? Will you pray for the editors that will read the submissions? Will you share with your friends the link to the blog (stowebear.blogspot.com) so that they too can be challenged and encouraged in their walk with our Loving Lord?

Zephaniah 2:3 (NIV): Seek the LORD, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger.

No comments: