Friday, November 10, 2006

A Fall

I fell.
I fell in my backyard.
I fell in my backyard in the dark.
I fell in my backyard in the dark while walking over ground I know very well.

I know the ground well and still I tripped.

I went out to turn on the light in the pool. (I like the way the pool looks at night with the light on.) Then I decided to turn the pump on for some extra cleaning time. Between the light switch and the power switch, I fell. (Yes it hurts.)

I came in and told Hubby about my fall and immediately he asked "You didn't have a flashlight?" I said "No. I know that path so well. I've done that many times and never fell." But still I fell.

How often do we fall in life because we forgot the Flashlight? Do we go our own way knowing the path, knowing what is ahead, but due to lack of Light we get tripped up? When we start out with God's Word leading us, He lights the way and keeps us out the dark places. His Word lets us see the things that might trip us up. Will you turn on the Light before you head out next time?

Psalm 119:105 (KJV): Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

No comments: