Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stains

I do not like doing laundry. It's not the 'doing' of the laundry that I don't like as much as it is the outcome of when I do laundry! The purpose of doing laundry is that you take dirty clothes, put them in the washer with detergent, run the washer, move the clothes to the dryer, run the dryer, take out the clothes and they are ready to wear. Right?

Not with my laundry. Too many times the clothes go in and then come out with stains or discolorations that just can not be explained. I don't use bleach. I dissolve the laundry powder prior to putting the clothes in. I stopped using dryer sheets as it was suggested that they may be causing the discoloration. Still they go in not discolored and come out discolored.

So I do what all good wives do when this happens...I talked to Mom! Mom looked over some of the damaged goods and suggested that she apply some stain remover and try washing them again. We did. However, the stains persisted. If doing laundry is going to ruin our clothes, you can see why I just don't like doing it!

In my humanness I have failed to protect the cleansing process. Even though I follow all the steps as handed down through the years, the stains persist. Stain removers do not help.

Our Loving Lord takes in our dirty souls, applies the stain cleansing blood of Jesus, and we come out clean. He remembers no more our sins. His stain remover works every time. When we go in the washer (repent), He supplies the power and cleansing agent (forgiveness through the blood of Christ), and we come out clean.

Has some staining agent slipped into your life? Will you ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you the things that are staining your witness or are staining your family? Once revealed, will you step into our Loving Lords laundry and let Him make you clean?

Jeremiah 31:34b (The Message): They'll know me firsthand, the dull and the bright, the smart and the slow. I'll wipe the slate clean for each of them. I'll forget they ever sinned!" God's Decree.

No comments: