Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What Do You See?

It was very, very windy here today. So windy that many flights into and out of our airport did not operate. As I was driving to work, the wind was blowing hard.

I said to myself "Wow! Look at the wind!" Then I thought "No. That's not the wind I'm seeing, that the result of the wind blowing." The trees were swaying because the wind was blowing. Leaves were running across the road because the wind was blowing. I could see what the wind was doing but I could not actually see the wind! I knew the wind was there but I couldn't see it. I could see its amazing power but not the wind.

Although I have heard many times that you can not see the wind, that thought only became real to me today. When I got to work and could see the blades of grass swaying as much as the limbs on the trees, I kept looking thinking I would soon see the wind!

I have not seen our Loving Lord but I have seen what He is doing. I have seen people healed because my Loving Lord is real and is working. I have money concerns disappear because my Loving Lord is real and is working. I have experienced peace in the midst of stress because my Loving Lord is real and working. I can not see my Loving Lord but I can His amazing power working all around me.

Do you struggle because you can not see our Loving Lord? Do you doubt His existence just because you can not see Him? Will you start today looking to see His amazing power at work and trust His existence?

John 20:29 (NIV): Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

No comments: