Monday, December 18, 2006

Breakfast or Treats?

This week at work in lieu of a big Christmas covered dish lunch, we are bringing in some food each day then having a pizza party on Friday.

We divided everyone up into four groups. On Monday group 1 would bring in breakfast items. Tuesday group 2 brings in snack foods, Wednesday group 3 breakfast again and Thursday group 4 snacks again.

I was asked which I wanted to bring in. Snacks or breakfast. I said "snacks" thinking I'd bring in Chex mix or something like that.

The group assignments were handed out. I was in the Wednesday group. Breakfast, not snacks. Oh well, I'd make do. I asked the committe person what happened. Oops! Just a mistake. I said it was OK and made plans on what breakfast items I will bring.

I told my Mom about this and she reminded me of a simple recipe that I enjoy making. It turns out breakfast was a better list for me to be on!

Sometimes we ask our Loving Lord for what we want and we get something different. It's not a mistake. It's a blessing. He knows our needs better than we know our wants. He always knows what is best for us.

What conversations have you had with our Loving Lord lately that turned out differently than you expected? Do you trust that His answer was better for you? Will you take time this Christmas season to thank Him for knowing you better than you know yourself?

Matthew 7:9-11 (New International Version): "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

No comments: