Thursday, February 08, 2007

Between The Lines


THE
READ
LINES

____________
WRITE
____________

I was having an email conversation with someone recently. I thought it was going well. We were discussing something that he wanted to tell me about. I had many questions. I was curious to receive the responses. We had one problem. He was very excited about the topic and I was only supportively curious about what he was excited about.

We had a miscommunication somewhere along the line. I was asking my questions waiting for his answers and his tone changed. It changed when he told me that he didn't know how to "read between the lines". I kind of thought that that was funny as I don't know how to write between the lines.

If I try hard I can write between the lines in one of two ways...

THE
WRITE
LINES


So do you see it? "Write" is between "The" and "Lines" so I was able to "write" between "the lines." The other way is shown at the beginning of this entry where the word "write" is shown in between two lines.

Are you trying to
THE
READ
LINES?


In your life are you trying to read more into it than is really there? Or are you trying to read between the lines of your life's lessons? When you sit down to read the Word of our Loving Lord, do you take it as face value or do you try to find something that isn't there? Will you listen to Him as He speaks to you today and take what He says strictly at face value?


1 John 5:9-10 (The Message) If we take human testimony at face value, how much more should we be reassured when God gives testimony as he does here, testifying concerning his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God inwardly confirms God's testimony. Whoever refuses to believe in effect calls God a liar, refusing to believe God's own testimony regarding his Son.

No comments: