Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Can You Remember?

I love writing these Little Lessons from my Loving Lord. I really love it when an idea comes to mind and I have the PC right in front of me and I can write the story right then and there.

But sometimes the lesson comes to me in an inconvenient place.

Sometimes I get the idea while drawing my bath (that lesson will be written about soon) or while driving (note to all: don’t text and drive!) or while sitting in church (pay attention to the sermon, don’t drift off) or while doing some other activity away from the computer. Or I will get the idea when I’m in a hurry to get somewhere and I don’t have time to stop and write!

This happened to me this past Sunday. While getting ready for church I had four lessons come to mind. And each of them was a good one…or at least I think so. In fact THIS little lesson was one of them. (You can let me know if you agree.)

So what do I do when I get several ideas for Little Lessons at one time but can’t write them down? I use a variation of mnemonics. I pick a key word from each concept and then remember the first letter of each one. For example, some of the Little Lessons from Sunday included the Black Donnelly’s, the lesson on remembering, the story on directions to the church and one about aromas.

So I thought Directions, Aroma, Donnelly’s, and Remember. DADR. I could remember DADR long enough to write the words down once I got to a piece of paper or to the computer.

Then.

Then I would most likely be able to remember what each of those words meant in respect to a Little Lesson. And that is what happened. I remembered the words. I typed them in a Word document. Then I wrote simple sentence fragments to remind me what the Little Lesson from each word was.

And hopefully with those fragments, I would not forget what I needed to write and I would be able to share the Little Lessons over the next few days.

And that is how it has worked. I’ve written about the two D’s and the R (this entry) and the A will most likely come tomorrow … unless He teaches me another more imperative lesson today.

So how is it with you? Do you hear our Loving Lord lead you but you forget what He said before you get to where you are going? Do you hear him teach you but you forget the lesson before you put it into practice? Do you want to remember Bible verses but think your memory is too weak?

He can help you! He wants to help you! Will you trust Him today to honor what he says in John 14:25-26?


John 14:25-26 (Amplified Bible) 25I have told you these things while I am still with you. 26But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.


No comments: