Thursday, February 22, 2007

Can You Smell That Aroma?

I love the song “Breathe” by Michael W. Smith. As I was drawing my bath on Sunday morning before church, I was singing “This is the air I breathe. This is the air I breathe, your holy presence living in me.” As I was singing, the aroma of the bubble bath fragrance filled the room. Immediately I recalled the song “Sweet, Sweet Spirit” written by Doris Akers and sung by many, many people…”There’s a sweet, sweet spirit in this place and I know that it’s the spirit of the Lord”.

The air that I was breathing was allowing me to enjoy the smell of the sweet aroma of the bath fragrance.

The ‘air’ that I breathe, which is our Loving Lord’s Holy Spirit, allows me to enjoy His ‘sweet, sweet spirit’ that fills the air when we worship and praise Him.


Will you take time to today to breathe in His sweet, sweet spirit? Will you share His presence with others as you go through the day today? Who do you know that needs to breathe in the sweet aroma of His love? Will you be the vessel to carry that aroma?

2 Corinthians 2:14 (NAS) But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.

No comments: