Monday, March 05, 2007

Are You Fully Dyed?

We recently had a small flood in our bathroom. The commode bowl overfilled and spilled onto the floor. We had two bath mats in that area of the bathroom. One was dark blue and one was cream colored. By the time we found the 'flood' some of the blue color from the first rug had 'bled' on to the cream rug.

It appeared that the cream rug was ruined.

Both rugs were soaked and even though I thought I'd have to throw them out, I felt they needed to be dried in the dryer first. But they stank. So instead of just drying them, I washed them first. Yes, I washed them together. Dark blue with light cream. I washed and dried them together.

When I removed them from the dryer, I got a pleasant surprise. The 'ruined' cream with blue stains rug was now a nice light blue...all over. When the blue from the dark rug only partially covered the cream rug, the rug was useless. When the blue COVERED the cream rug, it became useful again. It had a new life. And it still looks good in my bathroom.

Many people go through life with just a part of our Loving Lord impacting their life. They 'play' church. Attend with no commitment. Do it because it is the 'family' thing to do. They go because the one they love goes. They have the influence
of our Lord in their life but they have not yet been completely covered with His shed blood.

What about you?

Are you going through life two colored? Do you still hold on to part of your life, refusing to let Christ shed blood cover you completely? Will you accept Him as Savior and Lord today and let His shed blood recolor you and make you useful for him?

Do you have friends that know of your walk and see you live for Christ each day but they are only getting what you 'shed' on them? They look useless. Will you share His love and His shed blood with them today? Will you lead them to the One that can make them beautiful and useful again?


Revelation 7:14 (English Standard Version) I said to him, "Sir, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

No comments: