Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Used with Permission

I subscribe to and read many motivational/inspirational emails that arrive either daily or weekly.

Some come from heartlight.org. These are very good. I get a few Bible verses each day. I get a Verse of the Day which can come from anywhere and Daily Wisdom which comes from Proverbs. And I get a quote of the day that they call "Quotemeal".

I get a weekly newsletter from Zig Ziglar that includes some great sayings. At the end of the sayings there is always something like "Published with permission by Tyndale House Publishers"

I get a daily email called God Issues. At the end it says "Copyright © 2007. GodIssues.org. All rights reserved."

Many times I consider including bits and pieces of one of the above in the Little Lessons from my Loving Lord stories. I do consider this but I don't do it because I don't want to infringe on any copyrights and I don't want to have to get permission to publish from the publisher.

I do however 'copy' part of my text everyday from a published source. The Author has given me permission to do so. He has even commanded that share what He wrote with you.

Are you following His commands today? Are you "going into all the world to share the gospel"? Will you share His Words with someone you care about today?

(Side note: I permit, even encourage, you to forward this text daily to anyone in your contact list that may need encouragement. You forward those 'get rich quick' emails, don't you? How about forwarding a few eternal reward entries 'used by permission'?)

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (The Message) Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.

Romans 15:4 (New Living Translation) Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.

No comments: