Thursday, March 15, 2007

What Do You Trust In?

Have you ever had one of those days when you pray and our Loving Lord answers clear as day?

Let me tell you about my Tuesday morning drive to work this week...

Driving to work that morning I was praying about my day-job situation.

I L-O-V-E my job however it has no benefits at all and as I get older benefits such as disability, life, and retirement become more and more valuable to me. I'm trying to get used to this and make other 'financial' arrangements for these concerns as I believe this current career is a stepping stone to something else that God is preparing me for in the future that has even fewer 'fringe' benefits.

Anyway, as I was, um, uh, 'complaining' to God about this in my quiet thoughts and telling Him about how I'd feel more secure if I had disability insurance (although I don't expect to have to use it.), I spoke out loud and said:

"God can I trust you in this?"

and just in that moment, at that exact time, the song on the radio ended (...don't know the song, I was too busy 'making my request known unto Him' to hear the song or know what it was about...) and the DJ said :

"Where are you putting your trust in today?"

WOW! What a challenging and immediate answer! If I'm not putting my trust in our Loving Lord to handle my concerns then where AM I putting my trust? In that moment, I knew what I had always known...Yes, I can trust Him to take care of my today and my tomorrow.

What are you putting your trust in today? Are you putting your trust in your company? Your spouse? Your individual talents? Or are you putting your trust in the name of our Loving Lord? Will you put your complete trust in Him today?

Psalm 20:7 (NIV) Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

No comments: