Thursday, April 26, 2007

Are You Going To The Reunion?

An online 'friend' of mine that I met through her blog recently and suddenly lost her uncle. She has had several posts (http://learningforlifetime.blogspot.com/) about how her family is dealing with the loss. Much like my family, it sounds like her family makes funerals into family reunions.

There are many of my relatives that I have not seen since the last funeral or the one before that. Thankfully the funerals are few and far between ... except for the family reunion part, I don't particularly care for going to funerals. Now I love all of these family members but I just don't get to see them very often. I live here in Texas and they live in Alabama or Tennessee or North Carolina or Virginia or somewhere else like that.

So the bad news might be that someone passed away and the good news is that family gets together.

The passing away of a relative might not be bad news... if ... if they knew our Loving Lord as their personal Lord and Savior then it's good news for them because they are now in His presence...and it's good news for us... if ... if we know the Lord too. Why? Because we know we will see the relative again when we all get to Heaven. Right? Won't that be one happy reunion? No sorrow of a funeral, just joy of the reunion?

Are YOU going to the reunion? Will you meet me in Heaven someday? Who will you bring with you through your witness? If you haven't signed up for the reunion, will you call on the name of the Lord today and be saved? If you know you are going to be there, will you share the Good News with someone today and invite them to join you there?

Hebrews 7:25 (Amplified Bible) Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them.

6 comments:

Connie Barris said...

I was thinking about this the other day... I hope we get to meet before the gates of Heaven but if not, I'll meet you there...

It's funny now, I talk about all my "blog" friends and my husband goes, "Who"....

blessings
Connie

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

My dear hubby gets to hear me say "You know my blogging friend Connie, the one that lived in CC and moved?" :-) Even my mom knows which one you are and she still lives in FL.

I've been thinking the same...hoping we could run into each other someday here...

Connie Barris said...

sometime you'll have to tell me on email where you live...mine is on my blog....

I can't believe we grew up so close...

probably had the same pediatrician...

Lynn Donovan said...

I AM THERE girlfriend. Want a hug from you when we meet. :)

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

Gladly! And here's one to hold you over till then...


{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Susan said...

What a beautiful post...and thank you for linking to me here. I agree...it's going to be SO BEAUTIFUL when we do meet either here or on the other side of this life.

Many Blessings!!

:-) Susan