Monday, April 09, 2007

How Do You Approach?

Warning! Today's entry may be TMI (too much information) and if you lack a sense of humor you could consider the comparison to be slightly sacrilege. I mean no disrespect and apologize in advance to any that may be extremely sensitive. On to the Little Lesson...

Last week, I introduced you to our cats: Tiger and Tigger. They are both, obviously, cats but have very, very different 'person'alities. As you know, they enjoy visiting me in the bathtub. But they also enjoy visiting me when I am, um, on the bathroom throne.

Tigger, always full energy, has a sixth sense that lets her know, no matter where she is in the house, that someone is in the bathroom. Once she is aware of that fact nothing stops her. She comes running full-speed ahead until she, literally, slams into your legs as you are on the bathroom throne.

Tiger shares the sixth sense but not the energy. When Tiger figures out that I'm in the bathroom, he begins a slow leisurely approach filled with cool confidence and sometimes gets to the bathroom just as I am preparing to leave. Sometimes he almost misses the event altogether.

Both have their own way of approaching. Both come with their own emotions. Tigger, high-energy, enthusiastic, on the run. Tiger, more calm, more focused, more relaxed.

I love when either or both find their way to me.

We all are called to approach the throne of our Loving Lord with confidence. You can come with quiet confidence or energetic confidence. He just wants you to come to Him. He wants you to come quickly enough that you don't miss the event.

How do you approach His throne? DO you approach His throne? Will you take the time today to discover your style then confidently approach His throne with praise and adoration?

Hebrews 4:16 (New International Version) Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

I sometimes pray when I am on the "Throne"... and I figured it was OK because God created me and everything about me....

I hope that wasn't TMI....

WOW....