Monday, April 30, 2007

Is What You Have Pure?

I bought milk at the grocery store. Now I guess I'm not too particular about the brand of milk that I buy. If the store brand is on sale for two for $5.00, that's the one I'll buy especially if the 'brand' name is almost $4.00 for one gallon.

So as I was putting my milk in the car to go home, I saw some water bottles in the back of my car. Generic, of course, as they are much less expensive. This reminded me of shopping for water many years ago and the person we were with was astonished that we didn't buy a particular brand of water. They wanted to know where the water we were getting was bottled. They were appalled that it was bottled in Tampa and not in some artisan well place in Arkansas or something like that.

That was the first time that I realized that "water is water" wasn't a true fact. Now I know tap water varies from place to place but this is bottled water.

The best water I ever tasted was back home. Home being the place where I spent my teenage years. Back home we had the best water. Why? Well. Yes Well. You see we had well water but not just any well water. We had well water that apparently is plugged into a natural underground stream that provides pure, great tasting water. No city chemicals added. You didn't need bottled water when you had the real thing from this stream. No purification was needed as it was pure in its natural state.

Our Loving Lord provides all things pure and good. Not just water but also pure homes, pure finances, pure ethics...purity. We can shop around for the cheapest religion that lets us mold into society or we can stand on the Word and mold into His image. We can shop around for the cheapest religion that doesn't require us to get involved in any ministry or we can be His hands and His feet to the world. We can buy the books on sale in the discounted 'world religions' section of the local bookstore or we can pick up the one Book that is always the Brand Name. We can find our own religion filled with new ageism, cultism, free love, and more, or we can go to the Source of all religion, the pure spring of life, and find the Way, the Truth and the Life.

What will you drink today? Will it be the chemically altered religions of the world or will it be the pure Word of our Loving Lord? Will what you drink be pure? Will you come home to the pure water?

Jeremiah 2:13 (New International Version) "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

No comments: