Thursday, April 05, 2007

What Are You Hiding?

Don't you just get so frustrated with those people?

Don't they just 'drive' you nuts?

You know the ones...the ones that talk on their cell phones while they drive. Oh I know...we all do it at some time.

I even do it everyday on my way home from work. BUT! BUT!

But I have a hands-free device...a blue tooth...and when I call my Mom on my way home from work, I always dial before I drive. Then, in my mind, it's no different than talking to the people in the car with you. It's just a normal conversation, right? My hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road.

Then while I'm driving, some 'other' person, talking on their cell phone, swerves in my lane...good thing I have both hands on the wheel, right?

Both of my hands are on the wheel since my phone is 'hands-free'...on the wheel until I get a call on my cell phone call waiting. Then one hand goes off the wheel and my eyes go off the road so I can see who's calling on my other line.

Sometimes when I'm driving I need to make a call. I'll have my blue tooth on. I need to make a call but I don't want other people thinking that I'm one of 'those' people who dial and drive. So what do I do?

I dial low.

I keep my phone below the window line on my car. If no one sees me dialing then no one knows I'm on the phone, right?

Do we ever do that with life? Do we get mad at people who don't follow the rules then break those same rules in our own home? Do we openly criticize people who {drink, smoke, cheat, lie, steal, etc} then 'hide' our own {drinking, smoking, cheating, lying, stealing, etc) by doing it in such a manner that we think "since no one can see us, no one will know"?

Do we?

If so, who are we hiding from? Really who do we think we are fooling? Don't we know that our Loving Lord hears everything we say and sees everything we do?

Will you accept the challenge today to live a consistent life? To let your words match your actions and your actions match your words?

Jeremiah 17:9-10 (The Message)
"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful,
a puzzle that no one can figure out.
But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind.
I get to the heart of the human.
I get to the root of things.
I treat them as they really are,
not as they pretend to be."

1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

sooooooooooo true....

and great analogy....

by the way,,, missed you ... you have been missing in action...

have a blessed Easter...

Connie