Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Are Your Circuits Busy?

Mark Lowry is coming to our town!

Not just to our town but to a community nearby me! No need to even get on a freeway!

And guess what? My favorite radio station, KCBI, 90.9 in the DFW area, is giving away some tickets to the show!

John McLain, my morning show host, said "Be caller number 9 to win a family four pack." So I picked up my cell phone and called the number (which of course is already programmed in my phone...because...as I said...KCBI is my favorite local radio station!). I hit the 'call' button and...

Busy!

Hang up and hit redial...

It's ringing...then...a voice speaks...

I think to myself "Am I caller number 9? Am I going to win these great tickets?"

I listen to the voice and it says...

"All circuits are busy now. Please try your call again later."

Ughhhh!!!

I hang up. Bummer! I don't try to call back because I'm sure that by now, with my two failed attempts, one busy and one no circuits available, I'm sure that they have caller number 9 holding on the line.

Busy phone then all circuits busy. Failed attempt to communicate.

I wonder if I ever feel that way when calling on my Loving Lord? I wonder if...when I don't get an answer right away to a prayer request...I wonder if I think I've received a busy signal?

Or when I pray do I feel that all circuits are probably busy and He doesn't have time to listen to me anyway?

Our Loving Lord's line is always open. His circuits are never overloaded. If every single believer in the universe stopped and called on His name at the exact same time, each and every 'call' would indeed go through and be heard by our Loving Lord.

Have you tried to call Him today? Will you call out to Him in prayer and thank Him for always being there for you? Will you realize that you are always the 'correct' caller when you want to win what He is offering?

Psalm 20:5 (Amplified Bible) We will [shout in] triumph at your salvation and victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.

1 comment:

Lynn Donovan said...

This is a great post. I so get it and the scripture you selected ROCKS!! Wow, thank you for having me over. Love and hugs, Lynn