Monday, May 07, 2007

Do You Know?

I had an interesting thought come to me.

The thought was this...

"Those that don't know, don't know"

So what does that mean?

It means many things...

It means that those that don't know what they don't know, don't know what they don't know. For example, if I don't know know that a thingamabob exist, then I don't have a clue that I don't know what a thingamabob is? Right? I would have to have an understanding of the existence of a thingamabob to know how much or how little I know about it.

It means that those that don't know the importance of a life with our Loving Lord, don't know what they are missing.

It means that those that don't know our Loving Lord, don't know His Word. They don't know what they don't know about His peace, His love, His judgement, His offer of eternal life. It means that things that followers of our Loving Lord take for granted, are virtually unknown to those who don't follow Him.

I can't imagine someone not having the "Lord's Prayer" memorized...but those that don't know Him, may in fact not know 'it'. True? (More on the "Lord's Prayer" tomorrow)

And those that haven't grown up in church may not know what stories they don't know. They may not know that they don't know the story of baby Moses, may not be aware the story exists. They may not know they don't know the story of Esther, may not even be familiar with her name in the Word.

Those that don't know, don't know means that many people don't know the true meaning of worship even though they have been in 'church' all of their lives. If they have always only gone through the motions, followed the traditions, never let their guard down, they may not even be aware of what true worship is.

Those that don't know, don't know.

Will you ask our Loving Lord to reveal to you today what you don't know that you don't know? Will you let Him teach you? Will you let Him lead you where you don't even yet know that you need to go? Will you share with one non-believer so that they can start to know what they don't already know?

Proverbs 9:6 (New International Version)
Leave your simple ways and you will live;
walk in the way of understanding.

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

Because I did not come to know the Lord until I was 39, I did not know... and then as I came to know, it was of great embarassment that I did not know...

I hungered from that point on for His word...

By the way, you can take whatever you like for your anniversary or as you say, the concept and make it yours...
My husband and I are going to do that..
Entwine (?) our marriage into Him..

BLessings..

Susan said...

I think you're right. There are a lot of people who "don't know"...and it's wrong of us to just assume that they "must" know. I find I do this with old hymns and even rituals such as communion. We learned this lesson a few years ago when a person went forward at church and dropped his bread right in the communion cup. He didn't know WHAT to do with it.

May we all be sensitive to those who don't know.

Blessings.

:-) Susan