Thursday, May 10, 2007

Is It A Matter Of Perspective?

I entered the "Mother's Day Essay Contest 2007" at motheringheights.net. The challenge was to answer the question "Am I the mother that I thought I would be?"

As I wrote, the words just flowed out of my fingers. Writers block did not exist that day for me. So I submitted my essay well ahead of the entry deadline.

The winner was announced yesterday.

I did not win.

After I submitted the essay, I shared it with some friends that encourage my writing. One of these friends shared the essay with her sister. Her sister is a child psychologist. The child psychologist was having an Anger Management for Women Group meeting and the topic was Anger and your Children. She gave the members a copy of my essay. She said that she really liked it.

I wrote my essay to win a Mother's Day writing contest. My essay helped a child psychologist help some mothers in an anger management session right before Mother's day.

I didn't win...

Or did I?

What in your life is not going the way you hoped but going the way our Loving Lord intended? What will you release for Him to use His way today?

Isaiah 55:8 (The Message) "I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree.

1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

I just love how our Precious Papa works....

When we see Him first... we always win...

I'm out of the loop today.. work as been a bear...

See ya tomorrow
Connie