Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What's Your Weather Forecast?

The weather forecaster said "There's a 70% chance of rain."
The morning emcee asked "Do you ever say 'There's a 30% chance of sun'"?

I have often had that same thought. Being the optimist that I am, I wonder why they say "We have a 10% chance of rain" when they could say "We have a 90% chance of seeing the beautiful sun shine today!"

And why do we get upset and complain when we have 70% chance of rain ...
And still complain when we have a 70% chance of sun? (For anyone that's slow that equals a 30% chance of rain.)

I wonder how our day would be different if we focused on what was positive instead of what makes us gloomy.

(Side note to my family and friends in the southeast USA: I know you NEED rain and even a 10% chance of rain would make your day, but for today think beyond the current drought you are in, think on 'normal' southeast summers.)

So my challenge to everyone today is this: Whenever you hear today's forecast, restate it to this: "We have a ___% chance of sun!" And even if it's only a 10% chance of sun, rejoice!

Then!

Then remember that every single day of your life, no matter if you are experiencing torrential downpours or extreme drought or anything in-between...every day...we have..a..100 Percent Chance of SON!

Will you choose today to focus on the Son-shine regardless of the level of sunshine in your area? Will you choose to view your day from the positive perspective instead of the negative? Will you take a moment right now to thank our Loving Lord for His eternal Son?

Ecclesiastes 11:7 (The Message)
Oh, how sweet the light of day,
And how wonderful to live in the sunshine!
Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted.
Take delight in each light-filled hour,
Remembering that there will also be many dark days
And that most of what comes your way is smoke.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Love this post! How true it is. Well put if I may say so!!

It is so easy to focus on what we see and get ourselves into a pity party. Praise God that he never leaves us or forsakes us and he never wastes anything we go thru. Nothing can touch us that doesn't pass thru his fingertips first!

By the way, God has blessed our area with 100% sunshine, it has been so beautiful over the entire weekend and holiday! Have a blessed week.

Connie Barris said...

I like this...

my husband has to be right up their on glass half empty.. so now I reverse everything he says... I'm not sure who I'm driving crazy... Him or Me...

we are in major drought by the way.. my grass crunches