Monday, May 14, 2007

Who Is Following You?

I know I've told you before how much tailgaters bother me.

Maybe it's because I've been in a few cars that have been hit from the rear due to people following too close...once in college, once as a newlywed driving on a DFW freeway, once during the first week of a new job, once on the way to take my son to a bowling tournament, once at a stop sign in my old neighborhood...not all caused damage but all made me have to stop to see if there was damage.

Anyway.

Recently, I was driving and I noticed, once again...tailgaters. But this time it was different.

This time I said "Why are you following me so closely?" Normally I just say (into the empty car where no one but our Loving Lord hears me so I probably seem a bit crazy) I say "Quit tailgating me!!!"

But this time it was different. This time I asked a different question. This time I asked "Why? Why are you following me so closely?"

And that led to other questions...who are you? Why do you want to follow me at all? Why do you want to follow me so closely? What am I leading you to?

Who is following me? Unbelievers? Believers who want a closer walk with our Loving Lord? Believers who want to push me to higher place?

Why are they following me? Are they suspicious of me and my motives? Or do they see Him in me and want what I have? Or are they just curious and want to get close enough to learn more about why I serve our Loving Lord?

Where am I leading them? Am I leading them just to follow my writings or am I leading them to the Word of our Loving Lord? Am I leading them to a more personal relationship with Him? Am I leading them to a saving knowledge of Him?

How about you? Are you leading by example? When someone is following you, are they seeing a clean, pure life committed to our Loving Lord? Are you showing them they way to Him? Are you leading them to our Loving Lord?


Job 23:10-12 (New International Version)
10 But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11 My feet have closely followed his steps;
I have kept to his way without turning aside.
12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips;
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread



1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

You know the other day, I didn't make a very good example of myself and it bugged me to death all weekend... so I had to come back to work and redeem myself....

good point

Love ya
Connie