Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Who's Following You? (Part 2)

So you read "Who's Following You?", right?

Well, on the way to work the morning I wrote that, as I approached a railroad crossing, the track lights came on and the crossing arms started flashing...indicating they were preparing to come down.

So being the cautious driver that I am, I slowed to a stop and prepared to wait for the train to pass by. I have driven this way many times and I know that the train that travels this track at this time of the morning is a very, very short train. It's a simple commuter train that passes by quickly. To wait on this train will not delay your trip much...but to 'run' the train's signal light...and to get 'caught' by the passing train, will ruin not only your day but possibly your life.

I slowed to a stop and prepared for my short wait. I knew there was a tailgater following me. So I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw that the driver was visibly upset that I didn't run the light and let them go through with me. They displayed the fact that I had slowed them down.

I don't know if they travel that way often or not. I don't know whether or not they know that stopping is a minor inconvenience that prevents potential disaster. I don't know what they know...but I do know that they were following me and I could not lead them into danger. I was glad for both of us that I chose to do what was right.

What do you do when you approach a warning sign in your life? Do you heed the warning or do you ignore it and continue on your way? What if someone is following your life...looking for Something to fill the empty hole in theirs? What would you do if you ignored a warning sign and someone following you fell into the enemy's hands because you did not head the warning? Will you be committed today to helping those that follow close behind you...helping them see and recognize the warning signs in life?

1 Corinthians 10:11 (New International Version) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.



1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

Lead "Us" not into temptation but

you did well...


I'm going over to your prayer site

blessings girlfriend