Friday, May 04, 2007

Will It Be You Or Someone Else?

I woke up this morning reminded of my strong desire to be published and to be a 'recognized' inspirational speaker.

Perhaps this is because I have submitted two articles to writing contests and I'm waiting to hear if anyone on those judging committees thinks that what I submitted is 'good enough' to win.

I've always loved to write and thought I was fairly good at it. I've always known there were better writers than me...like Kathy L that I worked with at US Airways.

Lately I've been reminded that I'm not the absolute best writer because I read some of the other blogs in blog-land. I continued to be amazed at the amount of talent that exists in this area of writing.

And regarding speaking.

Sometimes I can't stand the sound of my own voice. It's not as eloquent as many others. Sometimes I think I sound like a squeaking animal. It's not all bad...it's just not as polished as those that currently make their living speaking.

So I thought to myself..with all the struggling writers out there and all the educated broadcast majors out there looking for work...how will I ever fulfill what I believe is my God-given desire to actually earn income writing and speaking?

Then.

Then a special story was brought to my mind. Brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit I'm sure. I was reminded that I am not the first person to feel this way.

Moses. Remember him? God wanted him to speak for Him and Moses replied "Master, please, I don't talk well. I've never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer." (The Message) He kept going on this way until God finally said "FINE! What if I just send your brother Aaron instead? Would that be better for you? Would THAT make you happy?" (my interpretation)

I don't want to stop our Loving Lord from using me. I don't want for Him to have to send someone in my place. I want to be exactly what He wants me to be. Do exactly what He wants me to do. I want it to be me ... not a proxy for me.

What about you? What does our Loving Lord want you to do today? Are you letting Him work through you or are you suggesting He look somewhere else...look to your brother instead of you? Today will you say "Here am I, Lord, work through me?"

Exodus 4:12 (New International Version)
Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."


2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

Isn't this just too cool...

I was crazy busy at work so I"m just checking in on everyone....

Boy you nailed it for me...

I think why do I bother....but then I felt like if God wants me to touch one small population.. and those that I do touch come back for more.. not so much in blogging as at work and other places... but...

and then I read Linda's at 2nd cup..

and yes, I read others and think,, I don't write like that...

very good...

CrownLaidDown said...

I think He's using you already Sister! I will pray for that seed of desire that God put there to grow and bloom!

Thanks for stopping by...I'll go to the Melting Pot with you!

I don't know really what I'm supposed to do...I'm a Mom and an Aunt and the Lord sends folks my way. I just ask Him to show me how to respond when they do come my way. I don't want to be a writer and yet I'm drawn to it. I think what I like to do is to be in Bible Study with other Sisters! That is my passion...that is my favorite place to minister and be ministered to.
Have such a wonderful weekend!
Love in Him,
Holly