Friday, June 08, 2007

Are You Still Frozen?

Last night when I got home, I took out frozen chicken nuggets and overly frozen french fries, placed them on the stoneware pan, put them in the oven, set the temperature dial to the right temp and set the timer for 12 minutes.

I then went to my PC to check my email and read a few of my favorite blogs. Twelve minutes later, dear hubby was home and the timer was buzzing.

So I went to take the food out of the oven and put it on plates so we could eat.

However when I opened the oven door, guess what I saw? Ice. Yep, that's right, ice...in my oven.

Hmmmm....

So I checked the dial that has Bake, Broil, Time Cook, and Off as options. Uh-huh. It was set to the off position. No heat, no cook, no eat. "It's gonna be 12 more minutes until supper is ready."

Without the heat being turned on, the frozen food does not cook.

I wonder if that is why our Loving Lord sends us trials, runs us through the fires of life. I wonder if without the fire we would be as tasteless to those hungry for His Word as those fries and nuggets would have been to us.

Is our Loving Lord letting the fires of life heat around you today? If so, are you seeing the benefit of being fully prepared by Him instead of being left untested? Will you let Him use you today, fully cooked, to speak His love and His grace to those around you?

Psalm 12:6-7 (The Message)
God's words are pure words,
Pure silver words refined seven times
In the fires of his word-kiln,
Pure on earth as well as in heaven.
God, keep us safe from their lies...

2 comments:

pinks & blues girls said...

Sounds like something I would do!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Susan said...

Such a lesson...been there, done that.

:-) Susan