Monday, June 04, 2007

Do You Want To Know?

For the past several months, dear hubby has been working on a 'special project'. It's a 'secret' and I can't know anything about it...right now.

He loves to keep secrets about things that he's doing for special occasions such as Christmas or my birthday. Usually he drops so many hints or does things in such a way that I have to work hard NOT to figure out the surprise ahead of time.

This time it is for our upcoming 25th wedding anniversary. So far I know this: He has spent a LOT of time on this. He has been rummaging through all of our family photos. He did some computer project with the help of a friend at work. I can't make any other plans for tonight. I have my guesses as to what all of the above means but I'm not going to tell you. Why? Because I don't want to ruin it for me or for him. If I get it all right, he'd be so disappointed. I'll let you know later how much (if any) I was right about. Our anniversary is not until next week but this is the best night for us to do whatever he has planned.

Normally, being the control (sorta) freak that I am accused of being, I want to know everything. How much money are you spending? What are we doing? What are you up to? I want details and I...want...them...now! But this time it's different. This time it is OK. I have been so very patient because I know someone that loves me is preparing something extra special just for me.

And you know what? Someone that loves you is doing the same for you. Someone is preparing a feast for you that will be unlike any feast you have ever had. Someone is preparing a place for you that is like no place on earth. Someone is planning a celebration of your life that you can not begin to imagine.

Are you in a huff because our Loving Lord won't give you the when, where, how details of what he is doing for you? Or are you patiently waiting and preparing yourself for what He has planned? Will you hand the details of your feast, place, celebration over to Him today and trust Him with all of your life?

Mark 13:32 (The Message)"But the exact day and hour? No one knows that, not even heaven's angels, not even the Son. Only the Father.

John 14:2 (King James Version) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

1 Corinthians 13:12 (King James Version) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.



1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh ho, my dear friend, you have no idea how exactly you hit the nail on the head for me. Maybe if someone drove the nail INTO my head, I would learn this lesson!