Sunday, June 10, 2007

To My Dear Hubby

I wrote the following for a writing challenge at FaithWriters.com. I send it out today with love to my dear hubby...thank you for walking the road with me for 25 years. :-)


Where The Road Leads

I set out to travel.
I set out to travel this road.
I set out to travel this road called life.

I knew where the road led.
I knew where I was going.
I knew how to get where I was going.

I’d finish high school and graduate college.
I’d live a pure life and ‘wait’ for my husband.
I’d get married, have children, and live a happy life.

I set out on this road called life.
I knew how to get where I was going.

I didn’t plan for the twists.
I didn’t expect the turns.
I didn’t know that the plans I made would turn upside down.

I wasn’t aware we didn’t think alike.
I wasn’t aware that he didn’t want as many kids as I did.
I wasn’t aware we didn’t view money the same way.

I set out on this road called life.
I knew how to get where I was going.

It wasn’t the end of the road but the beginning.
It wasn’t the end of my dreams but the start.
It wasn’t the way I planned it but it was the way it should be.

We’ve had one terrific son who became a fine man.
We’ve had adventures in finances that taught us about money.
We’ve had a quarter century to get to enjoy the things we don’t think alike about.

I set out on this road called life.
I knew how to get where I was going.
I just wasn’t aware of the place it was really leading me to.

****************************
They began to relate their experiences on the road and how He was recognized by them in the breaking of the bread. Luke 24:35 (New American Standard Bible)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful post! My DH and I have been married 20 years this summer. It's hard to believe. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

:-) Susan

Connie Barris said...

I really love this..

you did great...

Connie

Connie Barris said...

hey girlfriend...

I have tagged you... with a two meme

hope you can come out and play

Connie Barris said...

I loved the vacation pictures.. they were incredible...

now get back to posting...