Monday, June 25, 2007

What Can You Hear In Silence?

Silent.

Silence is what I am hearing.

Although many things have happened in the daily events of my life over these past few weeks, the Little Lessons are just not becoming clear to me.

So I asked our Loving Lord "What would you have me to write about? Which events should I use to find the Little Lessons?"

And He appeared silent.

How can our Loving Lord be silent? Doesn't His Word speak to us? I've been in the Word, yet still...nothing. Is He trying to get me to hear Him in the quietness?

So here I am, sitting quietly, listening, observing my life and listening, watching the world go by and listening.

I know He is still teaching me lessons in daily life but for today you will need to open your own eyes, look at your own world, and see what Little Lessons He is trying to get you to learn.

Will you do that? Will you look at the everyday events in your home, work, school, etc. and see if you can draw a parallel to spiritual lesson? Then will you share the lesson you have learned with someone else that may need to learn the same lesson?

Psalm 119:33 (The Message)
God, teach me lessons for living
so I can stay the course.


2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

He does teach us great things....

one of my counseling buddies did a paper not too long ago... thought I'd share it with you... I was quite impressed...

http://gminternational.blogspot.com/2007/06/him.html

Hope your day goes well...

Susan said...

Be still and know that He is God. I love that verse. It's what I consider in silence.

Hugs.

:-) Susan