Saturday, June 23, 2007

Will You Stay Up Long Enough?

I didn't write yesterday. The day just got 'done' before I 'found time'.

I don't usually write on Saturday or Sunday. So today my computer time was more just for me, just for fun. Played some games online. Read the discussion boards on FaithWriters.com. Did some laundry in between some of the games. Sent some emails. Read some of my favorite blogs.

Periodically throughout the day, I'd check email. It almost seemed that my email account must have been broken. I wasn't even getting the junk mail that I normally get.

This evening I received an email from a friend. It was the only email I received today other than 'junk' mail. My friend was having a very rough day and she just wanted me to know that she wasn't ignoring me. (I had sent her a couple of emails today.) Of course, I immediately lifted her up in prayer. I sent her an email back and let her know that I was praying and that if or when she was ready to share or needed to talk, I would be here to listen.

Then I went back to doing laundry. And when I finished folding the laundry, I was heading off to bed. It had been such a slow mail day that I was pretty sure I wouldn't need to get back online.

For 'some reason', I logged back into my email.

My friend had written me back. She had taken time in her 'rough day' to fill me in on some of the details. She gave me enough information that now I could pray very specifically for her and about the things going on in her world. Had I just gone to bed, I would not have been able to pray specifically for her, just generically, and I would not have written this Little Lesson.

My Loving Lord's Spirit prompted me to get back on and just check my email before going to bed. What if I had ignored that prompting? I would have missed the blessing of hearing from my friend and the blessing of praying for her specific needs.

What are you being prompted to do? Are you going to 'stay up' and do what you are prompted to do? Or are you going to selfishly just go to bed, leaving things undone that He wants you to do?

Lamentations 2:19 (The Message) As each night watch begins, get up and cry out in prayer. Pour your heart out face-to-face with the Master. Lift high your hands. Beg for the lives of your children who are starving to death out on the streets.

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

And thank you for the prayers...
for we are in the midst of a mighty storm.. but I know our Savior is right with us...

Thank you for your faithfulness to the Holy Spirit

love ya

Connie Barris said...

And I have lifted you in prayer...

I love having prayer warriors.. I don't know what I'd do without you


love you