Thursday, July 05, 2007

Are You Experiencing Droughts or Flood?

"Rain, rain go away" The end. That's all.

I'm not adding the part about coming again another day. Not this time.

When the rain first started (what seems like forty days and forty nights ago), I was delighted! We were so tired of drought conditions and water restrictions. So tired that I said, "I'm not complaining about the rain. It's so much better than the drought. I'll take it."

And take it we did.

And now I'm over the rain. I just want it to end. I hear there is this thing called a sun that provides light from the sky. I'm beginning to have my doubts that such an item exists!

I'm not the first to experience too much of something. Noah, too, experienced too much rain...and he was prepared for it. Job experienced too much suffering...and he stayed strong in our Loving Lord who saw Him through it all. Stephen saw too much persecution...and paid with his life. God saw too much sin and...gave His Son to die to pay for it.

Where are you spiritually today? Are you in a drought or flooded? Is your drought because you are not actively participating in the faith or because our Loving Lord is walking with you through a dry and barren time? Are you flooded with suffering or spritual success? Are your spiritual floods challenges that are developing strength in you? Or are your spiritual flood the blessings that He is pouring out in your life? Either way, are you giving Him thanks for never leaving your side?

Psalm 136:1-3 (The Message)
Thank God! He deserves your thanks. His love never quits.
Thank the God of all gods,
His love never quits.
Thank the Lord of all lords.
His love never quits.

1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

G.R.E.A.T.

DEVOTIONAL.....

I loved it...

Nuff said!!

Praying....