Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Are You Tired?

I'm tired.

I know I'm too young to be tired but I am.

To some I'm not so young, but to me I still am.

I got up yesterday morning at 4:00 am to take my parents to the airport. I was at work by 6:00 am. Then I came home and took a nap from around 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.

As soon as dear hubby got home, we had some dinner then watched the second game of the Rangers double header.

And all I wanted to do was sleep through dinner and the game.

I went to bed last night around 10:30 pm and woke up at 6:00 am. With the nap yesterday, that should be plenty of sleep, right? Wrong! I am still very tired and still would love some sleep.

Still I press on. My day will still be filled with all the same things: drive to and from work, meetings, projects, dinner to fix, dishes to do, laundry, etc. Even though I'm tired and ready to sleep, the business of life still calls me to go, go, go.

Are you tired in your personal ministry? Are you ready for a nap? Even though you are exhausted do you go, go, go? If so, will you listen to the words of our Loving Lord as He says:

Psalm 46:10(KJV) Be still and know that I am God.
(The Message) Step out of the traffic! Take a long,
loving look at me, your High God,
Matthew 11:28 (NIV) Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
(The Message) Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?
Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover
your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest.

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

Matt 11:28-30 is so dear to my heart.. so dear.. and I pray that for you....

I so know "tired"....

Dear friend, I lift you up to the Lord... refresh her oh Lord...

Love you

Susan said...

I hope you've been able to rest a bit. It's OK to be tired...and you have good reason according to this post. Blessings and Hugs to you!!