Monday, July 16, 2007

Do Your Words Match Your Emotions?

I participate in a weekly writing challenge at FaithWriters.com. Last weeks topic was "Confident" and this week it is "Happy".

So all last week, my friend Lucy (who also is participating in the challenges) and I used "confident" in our conversations. "I'm confident that I will enter"... "I'm not so confident anyone will think what I wrote it good"...and so forth.

The challenges run Thursday - Thursday. They only allow 200 entries so you should enter early to ensure that they don't run out of space for you. Still this week, I have not even started. And here it is Monday. When I saw Lucy early this morning, I greeted her with "I'm not happy yet...I've not even started on happy yet." Another friend, Desiree, heard the conversation and looked really confused. Since Desiree and I had been chatting and I 'seemed' happy, why would I say such a thing, right?

Now Lucy knew what I was talking about and we quickly filled Desiree in. However, if that conversation had been said in passing, without the luxury of educating another person on the story behind the story, Desiree would have been left in confusion.

How often do we do this with respect to our Loving Lord? We walk around singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart" but we gripe and complain about all the bad in our lives...or we say that we are excited about our faith then grumble about the church... We have words coming out of our mouth that don't match the emotions we have inside.

Will you commit today to both praise our Loving Lord and to keep a positive attitude? Will you share His love in word and in actions? Will you let the peace, love, joy, etc that He has placed in your heart shine out through your words?

Romans 15:6 (Amplified Bible) That together you may [unanimously] with united hearts and one voice, praise and glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).


1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

Isn't that funny... and how life is??

I'm dealing with something just like that right now.. I'll have to sidebar you later...

blessings