Monday, July 23, 2007

Is Your Mind In Agreement?

So we needed to make our dinner plans for this evening. Mom and Dad have been graciously cooking the most delicious meals during their visit with us. As we say back home, we've been eatin' good!

We had left-overs last night and that is such a poor description of what we had. The food was even better the second time than it was the first. For those that don't already know, let me tell you, my Mom makes the best chicken 'n dumplings bar none! And my dad makes fabulous cornbread (white cornmeal not yellow). And those were just two of the items on the 'left-over' meal menu.

So tonight we decided we wanted to eat something different. I thought about ordering pizza but wasn't sure anyone else would want any. So I didn't say anything. Then I called Mom from work to see what her thoughts were and she said, "Well we could order pizza..." and I thought cool!

Then when dear hubby called this afternoon I said "Hey we are going to Incredible Pizza Company for dinner" ... you know what his response was "That's too weird...I was going to suggest that."

We were all of like mind regarding dinner. It made it easy to agree on dinner.

Our Loving Lord desires that we are "like-minded" regarding Him.

How will you find a practical application for today's verses? How will you 'put yourself aside'? How will you 'forget yourself long enough...'?

Philippians 2:1-4 (The Message) If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't
sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love it that everyone was in one accord too! Yes, we need to be like-minded...

:-) Susan

Connie Barris said...

Pizza.. that is what we had... great minds think alike.. right Papa...??

I've missed you but I'm glad you are having an awesome time with Mom and Dad.. Hi to them....

love ya