Thursday, July 12, 2007

Is Your Space Reserved?

Since dear hubby works for the airline industry, we travel 'non-revenue, space available' or as some people call it 'stand-by'.

What this means is that the airline does not make money off of us when we fly (at today's fares, they don't make money off of revenue passengers either but that's another topic). Dear hubby and I fly 'free' and we get a few 'buddy passes' each year where family members can fly for a nominal fee.

So basically it works this way...we put our names on a list and hope that there are some empty seats. IF there are seats available, we get to get on and fly where we want to go. If not, we wait for the next flight. You are never sure if you will get on a plane or not. You might check before you leave home and find that there are 20 available seats then get to the airport and because another flight was cancelled, your flight is now completely full and you are 20th on the stand-by list. Or you might check before you leave and find that it is oversold by 10 and then get to the airport and find that they give you a seat immediately and when you board find several empty seats around you . There is no guarantee one way or the other.

I am so thankful that I do not have to try to get to Heaven on a space available ticket. And I'm equally thankful that I have a non-revenue ticket to get me there. See the price has been paid by the Owner so He is not making money off my trip AND in spite of me not paying the price myself, He has guaranteed me a seat on the trip there. And the cool thing is that I can have as many 'buddy passes' as I want in order to let my friends and family join me on the trip.

Do you have your 'get into Heaven free' pass? Have you asked our Loving Lord to come in and be your Savior and Lord? If not, will you today? If you are already 'booked' on the trip, who will you share your 'buddy passes' with today? Will you forward this entry to your friends that need an invition for our trip? I won't even suggest that if you forward this to 10 people in 10 minutes that you will received great financial reward here on earth but I'm pretty sure our Loving Lord who gave His life to pay your fare will be delighted that you shared the Good News with someone who needs Him in their life. Will you assist someone today with their reservation for Glory?
Romans 6:23 (New American Standard Bible) For the wages of sin is
death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

My dad worked for EAstern for all those years before they closed, shut down.. and we flew stand-by... I hated it... so I'm right there with you on NOT flying to Heaven on Stand by

(((((((((((hugs))))))))) back at you... tears flowing.... what a day