Friday, July 13, 2007

Who Do You Know On The Back Road?

As most of you know, I don't like to drive on the freeway. So yesterday I went to pick up my parents at the airport. The airport is pretty much due north of where I work...north on one of the freeways. Still I took the back roads and enjoyed the ride.

One of the things I don't like about freeways is getting on them. Perhaps I don't trust my judgement to merge into traffic. I don't know. Once I'm driving on one, unless the traffic is horrific, I'm pretty much okay.

I wonder how many people today are enjoying the back roads of sin and worldliness, afraid to get on the salvation expressway. They are not sure they would be accepted by people in the Church. Not sure we'd welcome them...so they stay on the back roads enjoying their ride.

Will you help someone find the entrance ramp to salvation today? Will you help them merge into the Christian life? Will you help ensure their smooth transition through prayer, Bible study and simple friendship?

Luke 14:23 (King James Version) And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

1 comment:

Connie Barris said...

Great lesson...

BTW... in the midst of the sorrows of my life, God has been so good.. and taught me His almighty love...
I have been molded into the likeless of His Son

blessings