Monday, August 27, 2007

Are You In Good Times Or Bad?

This week I get to work in my actual office. Well...most of my time will be in the training room with my team but at least I'm working 'locally'...and I don't have to count on the shuttle bus for a ride back to where I will lay my head for the night. Times are good for me.

As of this past Saturday, my young adult son is no longer employed. This week he will be job hunting with a vengeance. We spent most of the weekend applying for jobs and 'networking' where we could. He still has bills to pay. Times are not so good for him.

My dear hubby is fretful about a vote that is underway with the union he must belong to at his work. He is spending a great deal of energy trying to discover the future results of this vote. One day it looks positive and he thinks things are good. The next it looks negative and he thinks things are bad.

Are things good for you today? Or are they bad? Are you trying to discover your future? Take a look at today's verse...Our Loving Lord has indeed made each! Either way, will you take time to thank Him today? (And while you are at it... on a personal note...will you pray for His provision for my son to quickly find a new job? Thanks!)

Ecclesiastes 7:14 (New International Version)
When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one as well as the other.
Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future.

Or as The Message says it:
On a good day, enjoy yourself;
On a bad day, examine your conscience.
God arranges for both kinds of days
So that we won't take anything for granted.



2 comments:

Susan said...

Praying for both your son and your husband. It's so hard when it feels like things continue to change right around us...

Blessings.

:-) Susan

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

My friend, it looks like you could use some prayer....know that I am lifting you up high into the arms of our Abba...

May He bless you in His precious love..

Love you
Connie