Thursday, August 09, 2007

Are You Plugged Into The Power?

Once again I am on the road with my new job. So of course I'm staying in another hotel.

The good news is, so far, no bites in bed.

Yesterday, I got up, took my shower, and wanted to dry my hair. So I took the hairdryer off the wall, pushed the 'on' button expecting hot air to rush out... and ...

Nothing. Nothing happened. I thought "Oh, my! I need the hairdryer! I can't go to work with my hair air-dried.

I pushed all the buttons On. Off. Hi. Low. And nothing happened.

Then I noticed it.

I noticed the plug was not plugged into the source. So I plugged the hairdryer into the power outlet and, yep, you guessed it. Hot air came rushing out.

All I needed was for the drier to be plugged into the source and then I was able to experience it's full power.

Many of us go to church for years and we never feel the power. Never experience the heat of excitement that comes from serving our Loving Lord. Why? Because we have never plugged into the Source. We've never connected with Him. We've never really accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

Have you plugged in? Are you experiencing His power? If not, will you get plugged in today? And if you are plugged in, will you share His power with someone you meet today?

Exodus 9:16 (New International Version) But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.



3 comments:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

You and I are working TOO MUCH...

and we are not able to talk much...

ouch..

maybe we will slow down soon.. don't cha hope..

I hope all is well and I miss you

love ya
Connie

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

I have a gift for you on Sunday's post

Susan said...

Amen, Sister!! It's so easy to find ourselves holding all the RIGHT tools and not having the power to use them. Thank you again for a great reminder.

:-) Susan