Friday, August 17, 2007

Are You Sharing Your Adventure and Trip Stories?

I'm still in Madison and my boss is up here this week as well. We also have two other employees with us. So last night we gather to go out to dinner and my boss just starts driving. No directions. No particular place in mind. We get on the freeway.... and realize after a time that we are going in the wrong direction for the area we think we want to end up. So we turn off of the freeway and head toward what we think will be downtown. We get to the downtown area ...and turn away from town instead of toward town.

My boss keeps saying ... "We're on an adventure. We need to have a trip story to tell."

We eventually get into downtown, park, and start walking. We find a great restaurant in a theater that was built in 1927 and has been reformatted as aCheck Spelling restaurant. It was beautiful!

After dinner we realize that their is a Shriner parade going on around the Capital. My boss says "I need to see me some funny cars!" So we watch the parade for a while. Then she says "Now we have our adventure (downtown) and our trip story (funny cars)"

What a cool perspective on traveling on business.

Are you on an adventure in your spiritual walk? Are you collecting trip stories along the way? Are you sharing your Loving Lord adventures and trip stories with others?

2 Kings 18:5-6 (The Message) Hezekiah put his whole trust in the God of Israel. There was no king quite like him, either before or after. He held fast to God—never loosened his grip—and obeyed to the letter everything God had commanded Moses. And God, for his part, held fast to him through all his adventures.

2 comments:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

Well how fun was that??

Most of my bosses before this one.. were all business...

Yes, I love my God.. He's all adventure..

How are you? I have missed talking to you..

Love ya

Susan said...

I love this sort of thing...and the lesson is a valuable one (as usual). Blessings to you.