Thursday, August 30, 2007

Better Than The Original?

I just read a story online about a man that had to have the top of his head replaced with a plastic prosthetic because his scalp was not kept well during a surgery. (You can read it yourself at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20495967/wid/11915773?gt1=10316.)

The story ends with a statement that "The experts consulted by the court concluded the new skull roof was better than the original," ... REALLY???

As a society, are we really of the opinion that we can make parts better than the Original Maker? Are we of the opinion that a plastic prosthetic is better than the flesh and bones that our Loving Lord used to create us in the first place?

Oh, I get it!!! Since most 'scientist' think that we are accidental formations of an evolving species, surely their inventions are better than something that resulted from a big bang in the sky, right?

It is so easy for the world to discount the marvelous work of our Father when He designed mankind. I do, however, recognize that modern medicine is a gift to us. That many people's lives have been enriched because of replacement parts. But I also know that if plastic had been the best way to make us, God would have used it! Amen?

How will you stand for our Loving Lord and His Word's truth today? Will you stand or will you simply agree with the teachings of the world? Will you share with some one today that the 'orginal' version of you is so much better than anything this world can create? Will you remember that you are indeed 'fearfully and wonderfully made'?
Psalm 139:14 (New International Version)
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

3 comments:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

consider the source....

I have a patient right now with no top of his head / scalp.. brain exposed... but they can't do anything like this... for certain reasons.. it's tough...

hope you are doing well.. I have missed you

love ya
Connie

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

Are you ok??

I haven't heard from you in decades...

just missing you..

Susan said...

I always wonder that when people do plastic surgery...why. I mean I know some people need it due to accidents and such...but people who change the way God made them. It bothers me.

Hugs.

:-) Susan