Sunday, August 26, 2007

Is Your Power Weak Or Strong?

Last week, I was once again at the hotel where the hair dryer was unplugged. So, of course, before I started to dry my hair, I checked the plug to see if it was connected to the power ... It wasn't ... So ... I plugged it in. (Ya rarely have to tell me something twice ;-))

Each morning, I used this hair dryer to dry my hair. It did the job just fine.

Then I came home.

When I came home, I was once again able to use my own hair dryer (which I leave here for dear hubby and son to use when I travel).

That's when I noticed the difference... My hair dryer at home is much more powerful than the one in the hotel.

If we are truly saved, when we are away from the "church", we still have the power of our Loving Lord. He still can and will work in our lives. Yet when we come "home", come back to the church, come back to the "assembling together of the saints", when we study and fellowship and learn and grow together...we are stronger and able to experience more power.

Does your connection to our Loving Lord seem weak today?
Or is it as strong as it has ever been?
Have you wandered far?
Or are you at home in His loving arms?
Are you plugged in and operating at His full power?
If not, will you come "home" today?

Romans 12:11-13 (The Message) Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.


1 comment:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

Am I plugged in....

Love that....

Strong only in my Saviors love.. power and strength...

great lesson my sweet friend...

How are you??

love you