Sunday, August 12, 2007

What Little Things Do You Need To Do?

I wish I could honestly tell you that I have not had a spare moment to write the Little Lessons on the days that I have missed over these past few weeks. I can't honestly say that. Each night that I did not write, I'm sure I watched at least a few minutes of television. If I had time to do that, I probably had time to write a Little Lesson.

But I didn't think many would notice. Oh, I know that some people read each entry on-line everyday and some people get them in there email (...when I don't forget the step that 'pushes' them out like I forgot on Thursday...sorry subscribers...) but it's not like I'm Beth Moore or Max Lucado with their reach and influence.

So today at Sunday lunch with the family we were discussing my new job and the traveling and I heard these words "We noticed that you blogs have slipped off."

I said "Yep!' ... What else could I say?

What is that you do that other people appreciate and would really miss if you stopped doing it? Are you the person who calls the people in your Sunday School class when they are out? And if you didn't do it, they would not know they were missed? Do you arrange the chairs for your Bible study even though no one has asked you to? If you arrived late, would people wonder what happened, why chairs were not set up? Do you bring the snacks for the youth group with no thanks from any of the teens? Would there be an uproar if you 'got busy' doing other things and didn't bring them?

We never know who we are touching with the little things that we do. Even if most of the people that we touch never say a word to us, we need to remember that God is using us in the little things we do.

How will you say 'yes' to our Loving Lord today? What 'little' thing will you make time to do? How will you share His love this week?

Luke 16:10a (NIV) "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be
trusted with much..."

1 comment:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

OK sweet Sharon,
I'm about to step all over your toes.. but only because I HAVE BEEN and CONTINUE to be where you ARE... interestingly my today's devo is all about this little guy...

first, let's look at Matt 6:1-2
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

So as you (me) are doing the bloggy thing... why are we? people happen upon our sites.. as God sends them....to hear what they need to hear...

I do a reality check every day... that my blog HAS to be about God and my family.. as I started it...
Awards are fun, but I can't get distracted by them.. sometimes I don't post them.. but I do thank and I'm appreciate of them..

I always come to your site and I always learn..
so if it's no more than for an audience of one, then God would as you to be faithful...right??

You are very precious... don't let Satan distract you..

For you are the beloved child... and once you move past his ugly words, God will show you something special..
(I know you already know all this, you just needed a little nudge of encouragement so let me be that)

I love you