Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Where Will You Find Yes?

Yesterday I arrived at the airport around noon for a 2:00 flight. I checked my bag and went to find some lunch. I arrived at my gate before the specified time. Then I waited.

Around 2:30, I think, we boarded the plane. Then around 5:00, yes Five O'clock, we took off. We were supposed to arrive originally at 4:45. We arrived around 7:00.

Now I think I have several Little Lessons to share with you from that flight but today I want to share with you something from my dinner which I finally had around 9:00 last night.

I went to Friday's a very short walk from my hotel. As I was sitting there eating my food, I looked around and some of the wall paper caught my eye. It had large print quotes .... or at least parts of quotes... on it. The one that caught my eye said:

"I am not afraid of tomorrow for I have seen yes" And yes it stopped right there. Now I'm sure you are thinking that in the original quote that the last word was longer. However, I love it just the way it was on the wall.

"I have seen yes" I know what a positive attitude can do. I know how great it is when I have seen my Loving Lord say Yes! I have experienced great things when I have said "Yes Lord".

Where will you see yes today? In what situations that you face today will you look to our Loving Lord and ask Him to say "Yes I am here. I know what you are going through. Yes I will help you through"?

Exodus 24:7 (The Message) Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it as the people listened. They said, "Everything God said, we'll do. Yes, we'll obey."

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

"I am not afraid of tomorrow for I have seen yes"
You know, this is pretty awesome... isn't it neat how things like this catch our eye and speaks volumes to us?

This is great...

Great lesson today as always

thank you for your faithfulness

love you

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

"I am not afraid of tomorrow for I have seen yesterday and I love today." [no attribution on poster] I used to have that poster on my dorm wall at SFASU, with a sailboat sailing into the sunset. This is a super meditation. I've read them all.

I am sorry that you are already gone. This is really Thursday night, but I had to mention Wednesday's message. I have wanted to speak with you again, but I didn't want to sound like a vulture. Ever since I heard you were leaving, I have broken the tenth commandment. Your job hasn't posted, yet, but I already mentioned my interest. I have no idea who else has.

You weren't kidding about daily events being significant. Nice things keep happening around those elevators. I am going to miss them when the description editors move downstairs.

Good luck on your job. Thank you for your kindness. Keep writing!

Laurel Holmgren