Monday, August 13, 2007

Will You Act On A Good Idea?

Years ago when I was in college, I needed to stay awake late at night to study and prepare for classes. Everyone else drank coffee to remain alert. I didn't/don't like coffee. So to make coffee drinkable, I asked for a scoop of vanilla ice cream in my coffee when we went to the 24 hour restaurant. Little did I know that such drinks could sell in a coffee shop for four bucks a cup.

As a newlywed, I used to make cheeseburgers by putting shredded cheese in the middle of the hamburger meat. In other words, the cheese was in the middle of the hamburger, not on the hamburger. This week I received my latest copy of Guideposts Magazine. Guess what? It had a recipe in it for 'Inside Out Cheeseburgers'. Little did I know that such a recipe was worthy of being published in a magazine.

Had I acted on my idea for iced vanilla coffee drinks, I might be Starbucks today! Had I submitted my recipe to a magazine, I might have been published years ago!

What idea do you have that you should act on today? Has our Loving Lord planted a desire in your heart to work with kids? Will you act on it or let someone else reap the glory for 'your' idea? Perhaps our Loving Lord has given you a gift to share time with senior citizens...will you get involved today or will you forgo the rewards that He has waiting for you? What seed has been planted that you need to water? When will you start?

Acts 17:20 (New International Version) You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we want to know what they mean."

No comments: