Sunday, October 28, 2007

Can I Ask You Some Questions?

I've missed writing to you all. However...

Have I not written because I've been too busy?

Have I not written because I chose other activities over Little Lessons?

Have I not written because many of the Little Lessons that I would have written were possibly at the risk of exposing the shortcomings of someone else instead of my own?

Have I not written because I've been uninspired?

The answer, depending on when you ask is, yes.

The reasons vary by day but what I do know is that it effects me more negatively than it affects you. No, really, it does. Doing what I know I have been called to do (write Little Lessons) actually energizes me. Being obedient to His call is to my spirit what iron is to my anemic body (and yes I am anemic!)

What are you called to do? Are you called to write personal notes on real paper and mail them (with real stamps) to those who need to be encouraged? Are you called to cook a meal for no special reason for a family that is less fortunate than you? Are you called to spend time with a short-term or long-term shut in? Are you called to pray for teens involved in 'the world'?

How does it affect you when you do what you are called to do?

And...

How does it affect you when you don't do what you are called to do?

Which will you choose today?

Jonah 2:9 (Amplified Bible) But as for me, I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation and deliverance belong to the Lord!

No comments: