Tuesday, October 09, 2007

How Can An All Knowing God Forget?

I have 'extremely short' term memory loss.


I don't have 'short-term' memory loss.


Examples of my 'extremely short' term memory loss include:

  • I get in the shower, wet, shampoo, and rinse my hair, wash my body and wonder "did I shampoo my hair or just wet it?"

  • I sit to write a little lesson and get this far through and wonder "what point was I going to make?"

  • When I leave for work, I put my things in my car, go out and get the paper and throw it on the porch for dear hubby to get, get in my car, drive down the street and wonder "did I remember to throw the paper this morning?"

Now I don't forget things like have I paid the bills or how to cook supper (although the family would argue that at times) or whether or not my son has cleaned his room lately (although he wishes I would forget that).

Our Loving Lord doesn't forget anything.

Our Loving Lord doesn't forget anything at all, right?

Our Loving Lord doesn't forget anything at all ... or ... does He?

What about that sin you confessed to Him last night? Does He remember that? We often try to think that He does so that we can hold ourselves guilty.

But He can't remember the sins we confess or else He would be a liar. Right?

Do you have unconfessed sin in your life? Are you holding on to if for a reason? Will you confess it to Him today? Will you ask, and let, our all-knowing God prove to you that He can and does forget?


Isaiah 43:25 (King James Version) I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.



3 comments:

Susan said...

I love the new song that's out that reminds us that our sin is as "far as one scarred hand to the other". It's so beautiful.

:-) Susan

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

ME TOO...

How have you been?

I have been overwhelmed at work.. and I"m paying for it.. now I'm sick... with a bad cold...

But I miss you bunches

love ya
Connie

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

Just wanted you to know I have been thinking about you.. and praying for you...

Hope all is well...

Miss you and love you

Connie