Saturday, November 03, 2007

What Are You Hiding Under?

Smokie and Safire are two cats that allow my sister-in-law (s-i-l) to live in their home. She, of course, loves those cats as if they were her children.

Recently my s-i-l was accepting a delivery at their home and after the deliverymen left, Safire was no where to be found. No where!

She looked high and low for her. Inside and outside for her. She had never ventured outside so everyone was pretty sure she hadn't left but since she could not be found inside, what was the other option?

My dear hubby went over to help look. They looked in the bedroom where Smokie and Safire spend much of their time. They looked under the bed. One cat. Sure it was him. Sure it was Smokie. Looked around some more. No second cat. Looked back under the bed holding on to the top of the bed for stability. What? What is this? There's a cat on top of the bed under the bedspread. And one under the bed too! Two cats! One must be Safire. She was found.

There was much rejoicing in that home and throughout our family. Safire, who we thought was lost had just been hiding. Safire was safe.

Are you hiding today from the One that is seeking you? Are you ignoring those He has called in to help lead you back to Him? What are you hiding under? Are you hiding under alcohol? sex? work? sports? money? What are you covering yourself up with that is preventing you from enjoying and experiencing the love and the presence of our Loving Lord? Will you come out right now and be found in Him? Can the rest of the family of God rejoice over you today?
Philippians 3:8-9 (New International Version) 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

2 comments:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

Hey my friend.... Hiding.. good question...
I slept from fatigue all day.. until my son's football game...

but don't we all hide from something...until God wants to reveal it and then there is no hiding...and He will find us!!

I have missed talking to you...
I hope you are doing well

love you
Connie

Susan said...

Oh I think we do hide sometimes. It's so important to know that we cannot hide from God BUT that HE IS our HIDING PLACE!!

Hugs,

Susan